Carpet or Hardwood for Allergies?
Many people suffer from allergies, but for some the issue doesn't go away by avoiding the outdoors. Those who suffer from allergies are more likely to have increasing issues indoors if they use carpet. So what's the reasoning behind this and what can you do to prevent or reduce your symptoms? Look no further if you want all of your questions answered.
1. Carpet: An Allergens Playpen
Dust mites, dander, mold, dirt, pollen, and more can get burrowed deep below the surface of your carpet and making it a target area for your allergens to hide out in. Many people try vacuuming daily to help get rid of these allergen causing materials; however, that just isn't enough. Allergens bury deep below the carpet and are difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of. This is why many people who suffer from allergies often choose hardwood.
2. Hardwood: The Benefits
With so many reasons to choose hardwood, even if you don't suffer from allergies, it is an easy choice to switch over if you are planning on replacing your carpet anytime soon. Here are a few good reasons to install hardwood in your home rather than carpet.
• Appearance: Hardwood flooring is beautiful and many homeowners love that it adds luxury and charm to their home. It can take your home from basic to extraordinary with a simple replacement.
• Variety: There are so many different options when it comes to hardwood flooring. You can choose wood in a variety of shades to help match your home and ensure that your home looks beautiful.
• Reasonably Priced: If you are planning on replacing your carpet soon anyway, hardwood isn't any pricier. With great pricing and deals you can find on hardwood floors, it is a great option to your old allergen-infested carpet.
• Allergies: The most obvious issue for you, at least, is allergens. Hardwood floors don't allow allergens to burrow inside of them like carpet does. Hardwood floors are great for those who suffer from allergies.
3. Choosing the Right Hardwood
The right hardwood makes all the difference. While you want to ensure that you select a hardwood floor that matches your home and that you truly love, you also want to look for one major factor. A low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) hardwood floor is important because it will help to keep your nasal passages clear.
Overall, choosing hardwood over carpet is important because not only does it look great, it helps to keep your allergies at bay. What are you waiting for? Make the switch!